I wanted to get there right when they opened so we headed out at 11:45am. April asked if I was nervous and I was like "No Way Dude, I am totally stoked!". She first asked if it was like going to the doctor's office and I was like, "Not Even!". She then remarked that maybe it was more like getting ready to ride a roller-coaster and I said that that was a much better analogy. It pretty much is right on the money, it's exciting and cool and a little scarey........ but totally safe and very, very, PHUN!
Darrin was busy but they had another artist there and he showed me his book so I was like.... "Why the hell not". His name is Nixx and he's really cool and his book had some awesome tatts that he had done. I figured on about 20 minutes and that is pretty much what it took. April and I got there at noon exactly and by like 12:20 I was seated and Nixx made his stencil and was going at it.
The tatt pretty much runs from my wrist bone, or whatever you call that bone that sticks out on your wrist, to about an inch or so from my elbow where you bend it. The first 6 inches were pretty cool, no worries I wasn't even breathing heavy or really even sweating at all.... just cruis'N along. But that last inch or so, as the needle got closer to my elbow..... was like starting to feel like he was peeling my skin back. I had eaten only 2 hours before so I knew that my blood sugar was good so I just really was taking long, deliberate, breaths and just being cool and waiting it out. April was there in the room with me and she tried to take some pictures but they really didn't turn out all that good.... oh well. :-)
So here's the picture, I'll put the stencil first and then actual pics after that.
The stencil
and the actual work...........I couldn't be happier with it.



He oriented it just perfect and I am soo happy with it. Hmmmmmmmm.... what to do for my next tattoo? :-)
Much love, take care and God bless. :-)
---eric
4 comments:
That third picture is the best - but mostly 'cause it's got your ass in the background...
Here's my other thought - if you read the aramaic from right to left, but the words you're trying to read are in a photo but the photo is of the words in a mirror, then what do you do?
Yah, I thought about it being backwards but............. I assumed that y'all could do the math. Even though Pick, you are only a simple English teacher. :-)
Hey, what does your tattoo mean? I love it!
It is a quote that Ghandi said once, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world".
Post a Comment